Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fast Food Free 2011 For Me

My only New Year's resolution for 2011 is to stop eating fast food.

It's a smart choice for myself and my family. Obviously.

So I say farewell to the following (in order of deliciousness):
  • McD's cheeseburger
  • BK deep fried apple pies
  • A&W root beer float
  • DQ onion rings
  • McD's fries
  • BK veggie burger
  • McD's McFlurry

I am suppressing the urge to provide a detailed eulogy for each item, but that would be cruel at this point. Besides, I know they are not really dead. They are there, they exist, just waiting for me... which begs the question: how long will I hold out? The no-sugar diet did not last a week. The no-facebook stint lasted not much longer. I predict it will last longer than the Spaghetti O's diet, however (more on that later).

For the sake of my children, I hope it lasts to 2012 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment